Virat Kohli is undoubtedly one of the best Test captain and stylist cricket, the hero turned 28 today, so on this special day we bring to you few of the unknown facts of this hero.
- 5 November 1988 in Delhi into a Punjabi family. He started his schooling at Vishal Bharti before shifting to Savier Convent.
- Kohli’s nickname is ‘Cheeku’. This name was given to him by former Delhi coach Ajit Choudhry, when he first joined the Delhi Ranji team. All his Indian teammates call him by that name!
- Virat Kohli first came into the limelight while playing for Delhi against Karnataka in a Ranji Trophy match on the day of his father’s death. Kohli went on to score a crucial 90 for his team.
- Kohli is the first and the only Indian batsman who scored a hundred in a World Cup debut. He played as a World Cup opener against Bangladesh in 2011.
- Only 8 cricketers ever have scored 20 ODI centuries and Virat Kohli is one of them. He is the fastest cricketer to reach 20 ODI centuries-taking 133 innings for it. Contrast with Sachin’s 197 innings for the same.
#BirthdayWishes #ViratKohli #Lifestyle #Cricket #Glamoursaga
5 Unknown facts about the birthday boy Virat Kohli!