As the starlet has turned 50 just a couple of days back, her style statements can put a 20-year-older to shame too. She’s been a longtime breaker of red carpet rules be it having gone barefoot in Cannes or be it turning a confident display of underarm hair into a premiere-worthy beauty statement Roberts has always managed to shrug off any outdated notions about age appropriateness and hemlines and here’s bringing to you, a list of style lessons to learn from the Pretty Woman here.
1. Way before bed-head became a sought-after look that came in aerosol cans, and natural curls that embraced frizz were okay, Roberts, whether as Vivian in Pretty Woman or Erin, showed us real mane nonchalance.
2. Julia as Anna Scott of Notting Hill rocked the micro sunglasses way before we found them a cool name with the millennials.
3. Her vintage black-and-white Roberto Cavalli gown at the 2001 Academy Awards, Julia Roberts proved why classy’s cool.
4. Julia Roberts has been rocking menswear tailoring since the premiere of Miss Firecracker in 1989.
5. No one makes thigh-high boots look as good as Viv did.
5. The Roberto Cavalli SS2018 collection finds a major inspiration from Vivian’s little too high side cutouts.
6. When she walked barefoot in Cannes: