Jacqueline Fernandez is all set to reprise Karisma Kapoor‘s role in Judwaa 2 and looks like the actress is taking cues from Karisma to get her act right. When asked if Karisma has given her tips to play the role, Jacqueline told reporters, “No, Karisma hasn’t given me any tips. But I am watching a lot of her movies. She is an extremely amazing actress.” Jacqueline interacted with the media at an event a few days back, which was organised to celebrate Central Excise Day.
While Judwaa starred Salman Khan in a double role, Judwaa 2 will see Varun Dhawanreprising Salman’s roles, while Taapsee Pannu will be seen in Rambha’s character.
David Dhawan, who directed the prequel, will take the director’s seat once again. And while Jacqueline and Varun have worked together Rohit Dhawan’s film – Dishoom, this is the first time they both are teaming up with Taapsee. Judwaa 2 is being produced by Sajid Nadiadwala and is expected to hit theatres on September 29.
Apart from Judwaa 2, Jacqueline will also be seen in Reload opposite Sidharth Malhotra. She was last seen in Dishoom and Housefull 3 in 2016.
5 Things About Karishma Kapoor:
- Karisma Kapoor is the elder daughter of actors Randhir Kapoor and Babita. She was born on June 25, 1974. She is the granddaughter of legendary actor Raj Kapoor and great granddaughter of film actor Prithviraj Kapoor. Her mother gave her the name ‘Lolo’ after the legendary Hollywood actress Gina Lollobrigida. She is the elder sister of Kareena Kapoor Khan. She is also the cousin sister of Bollywood’s latest heartthrob Ranbir Kapoor.
- Karisma has appeared in over 50 films till date and most of them have been super hits. Karisma was known for her flawless skin, pink lips and bushy eyebrows when she started her career. But the actress underwent a huge transformation in her looks and appeal over the years. And today she is known as one of the most iconic personalities onscreen. Over the years she has emerged as a trendsetter.
- One of the first to break the Kapoor stereotype, Karisma not only entered showbiz but also made it big there. Her passion and scintillating looks made her one of the most prominent stars of the 90s. However, very few of us are aware of the price she paid for this. Karisma allegedly dropped out of school soon after she entered sixth standard to pursue acting. Her first film was Prem Qaidi which released when she was just sixteen.
- Karisma has won the National Film Award for Best Supporting Actress for the film Dil To Pagal Hai (1997). She also won Filmfare Award for Best Actress for the film Raja Hindustani (1996) and Fiza (2000). She won Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress for the film Zubeidaa. Karisma was also nominated for the Filmfare Award for Best Actress for the film Shakti: The Power.
- In her filmy career of over 50 films, Karisma gave some of the major hits with Ajay Devgn and Govinda. With films like Coolie No 1 and Hero No 1, Karisma and Govinda emerged as one of the most bankable pair of the decade. Her jodi with Salman Khan was also widely appreciated. During the phase where she was reigning as the Queen of Bollywood with back-to-back hits and many high end endorsements, Karisma was also linked with actors Akshay Kumar and Ajay Devgn. But they never made any official announcement.
#JacquelineFernandez #KarismaKapoor #Judwaa2