“Lucknow Central”, set against the backdrop of a jail and its inmates, will release on September 15, 2017. Bringing alive the vibe of the heartland, the Farhan Akhtar starrer narrates the quirky and humorous journey of a small town man, whose circumstances lead to him landing up in jail, a statement said.
“We are extremely excited about this project as it’s a very unique concept set against the backdrop of a jail and its inmates. The stellar ensemble cast adds further charm and intrigue to the film and we can’t wait to bring this captivating drama to the viewers,” said Nikkhil Advani of Emmay Entertainment, which is backing the movie with Viacom18 Motion Pictures.
“Lucknow Central” is currently under production. Farhan brings to life the simplicity, wit, ambition and resolve of the common man in the movie, which marks the directorial debut of Ranjit Tiwari and also features Diana Penty, Gippy Grewal, Deepak Dobriyal, Ronit Roy and Rajesh Sharma in pivotal roles.
According to Mid-Day, Diana barely got 10 days to prepare for her part, says a unit hand, adding, “Before she started shooting, she went for elaborate workshops and reading sessions with Farhan and the cast members. She also met a few activists and interacted with women-led NGOs that work with prisoners.” When filmmaker Nikkhil Advani was asked why he chose Diana for the role, he said, “Diana is a talented and versatile actress and is known for her interesting choice of roles and films. She brings with her an element of quiet strength that lends itself well to the character we want her to portray.” To this, Diana added, “I’ve always wanted to be part of stories that I feel strongly about and Lucknow Central is one such story. I instantly took to it when Nikhil Advani told me about it. Playing a character that holds her own in a film that has some of the finest actors from our industry, makes it even more special for me.”
Diana Penty is a Bollywood actress and model. She made her Bollywood debut with the film ‘Cocktail’, and was appreciated for her role and outstanding performance. She started her modeling career in 2015. Pretty soon she became a popular model after walking the ramp for many top designers. She also won the best female debut award.
Diana Penty was born in Mumbai on 2 November 1985 to a Parsi father and Christian mother. She had completed her schooling from St.Agnes High School in Mumbai and graduation from St. Xavier’s College.
As per the reports, actress Diana Penty is dating Mumbai-based diamond merchant, Harsh Sagar.
She is Indian brand ambassador of TRESemmé, Nokia, and Micromax Mobile. Other brands include Maybelline, Virgin Mobile, Garnier Fructis.
Diana will soon be seen in Aanand L. Rai’s upcoming production debut Happy Bhaag Jayegi. The movie also stars Abhay Deol and Ali Fazal in lead roles. ‘Happy Bhaag Jayegi’ is a situational comedy about a Punjabi bride who runs away to Pakistan. The movie is directed by Mudassar Aziz.
Facts about Diana Penty
1) Diana was first spotted by Elite Model Agency after she sent her modeling photos to them. Initially, she worked as a part-time model because at that time she was a student.
2) She started her modeling career in 2005 and walked the ramp for Italian designers like Trussardi and Ferre.
3) She won Vogue beauty awards for her first film ‘Cocktail’.
4) People loved her in the famous song “Tumhi ho Bandhu” from her movie Cocktail
5) Diana did graduation in Mass Media.
6) For the role of Meera in the film Cocktail, Diana was auditioned 4 times.
7) She was in Rome when she got an audition call for Cocktail.
8) Diana is one who replaced Deepika Padukone for Maybelline ads.
9) She was the original choice for movie Rockstar, but somehow she was dropped from the project and replaced by Nargis Fakhri.
10) Among many her favorite place is Cape Town in South Africa, New York and London.
11) She likes Lime juice, Chocolate, Korean and Thai food.
12) Royal China in Mumbai is all time favorite restaurant.
#Bollywood #LucknowCentral #DianaPenty #Sep15 #Bollywood